In episode 99, Eliza Diop from @EllieTalksMoney spills all the details on the start of her business journey, including the event that forced her to get out of her comfort zone.
Eliza Diop, AKA Ellie Talks Money is a business coach based in Los Angeles, CA. Ellie has extensive experience in Sales, Management, and Leadership Development. At 25 years old, she was leading a team of 100 people as director of sales for a financial institution. In July 2020, amidst a job loss and divorce, Ellie started her business out of necessity.
By providing resources to start an online business and earn money online, she has empowered thousands of women and has grown her Instagram following from less than 500 people to over 565k+ and counting.
In 10 months, after starting her business with $1200 of stimulus money, she’s made more than $1.3 million. Ellie is passionate about teaching other women and moms how to start their businesses and scale them up to 7-figures and beyond.
You can follow Ellie on Instagram.
Episode 99 Highlights:
- Different ways to monetize your social media
- What she did to grow her Instagram following to over 100K people in 7 months
- How to create value for your audience on social media
- How she makes money online
- How to leverage your corporate experience to start a business
- The struggles of being a first-generation wealth builder
- Why it’s important to have a side hustle or business to prevent you from being without a stream of income
- How to build business credit & accessing BIPOC business grants
As WOC, we have been brought up in a society that undervalues us. This makes it easy to undervalue ourselves. We’re here to tell you: that is absolute bullish*t. WOC are everything, and our knowledge, experience, intuition, and perspectives hold the power to add SO much value to the lives of others. If you’ve been thinking about entrepreneurship but haven’t been able to let go of that fear, what’s stopping you? How have you been limiting yourself?
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
Fiverr—Connects businesses with freelancers offering digital services in 300+ categories, starting at just $5!
BetterHelp—Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month by using our link, BetterHelp.com/dinero!