Episode 78 is all about dispelling myths around day-trading. We want to empower you with the information to make your own decision around your wealth-building journey. Hear from full-time trader and trading educator Teri Ijeoma—learn some of the basics and how you can start your learning journey!
Teri Ijeoma began her professional career working in education and non-profits. When she started trading stocks nine years ago, she initially saw it as an opportunity to supplement her income. However, she was so successful with this side hustle that in 2017, she decided to quit her job, travel the world, and begin trading full-time.
While traveling, Teri was constantly asked to show others how she was successfully trading in the stock market. She set up and taught her first class in Thailand, her second in Vietnam, and had a fully-fledged curriculum created by the time she returned to the States.
Teri now offers an online curriculum that shares her investing strategies with people all over the world. She also partners with organizations and companies to train and empower individuals to achieve financial freedom and build wealth through investing. Teri received her bachelor’s degree in Management Science from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and her masters in Media and Communication from Dallas Theological Seminary.
She was named 2018 Entrepreneur of the Year by National Black MBA Association, and was the Grand Champion of Teachable’s 2019 Creator Challenge.
You can reach her on Instagram.
Episode 78 Highlights:
- The pressure to get a service-oriented job as a woman of color—Raise your hand if you graduated high school or college wanting to change the world? The only problem? These jobs usually don’t pay you what you deserve. A lot of this comes from seeing the impact of hardship on our families, so we want to help others who could be in these situations. We should ask ourselves:
1) Does this actually make me happy? and 2) Is it sustainable for us?
There are ways of supporting your community that don’t require you to stay broke.
- Trading as a side-hustle—Before she became a full-time day trader, she picked up trading as a side-hustle. Find out what her trading schedule looked like while balancing a 9-5 job.
- How she started her journey into the world of trading—The only thing she wishes she would have done differently? Asked for help and finding a teacher. Hear about her worst trade (hint: over $20,000 in one night!) and then the differences she experienced after she finally invested in her self-education.
- Her trading strategy—Fundamentals, technical analysis, risk management, revenue vs earnings, earnings reports….what do all these things mean??? Our favorite part of this? The losses in the beginning are part of your learning process (although you can mitigate or minimize them!)
- GAMESTONK—Listen to the chisme around gamestonk…hint: neither Jannese nor Teri got in! For us, it wasn’t a company that had the basic fundamentals!
You can’t decide on a strategy that works for you when you don’t understand the full picture. This episode is great if you’ve ever been curious about trading—learn from one of our favorite trading educators!
Join Teri Ijeoma’s Trade & Travel Course
Learn how to supplement your daily, weekly, or monthly income with trading so that you can live your best life!
Loving this episode? Leave us a review if you’re listening on Apple podcasts and be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. Visit here. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
BetterHelp – Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month!
M1 Finance – investing, borrowing, and cash management in one easy-to-use platform. Build a portfolio of stocks and ETFs for free!
Gentreo – helps you create the important documents you need for official estate planning, including your Will, Power of Attorney, and more.