Episode 72 is about how a single mother has tackled paying off her five-figure debt.
Dyana King is a Millennial money coach & Founder of Money Boss Mama, where she inspires women to become a money boss from the inside out by paying off debt, saving money, budgeting, and shifting their money mindsets. She was a 21-year-old college student when she had herfirstborn, making less than $10 per hour, yet she had to be the primary financial provider for her daughter. After struggling to make ends meet and battling with hopelessness, Dyana decided she was done with the cycle of struggle.
In September of 2016, with nothing but faith and a few Google searches under her belt, she began her journey to debt freedom. After a lot of trial-and-error and going into more debt multiple times, she managed to pay off $34.9K in debt over 4 years and now she helps single women and moms improve their finances and become money bosses. She’s a proud single mom of two.
You can find out more about Dyana and her services at MoneyBossMama.com. Be sure to follow her on Instagram and YouTube.
Episode 72 Highlights:
- Growing up in a single-parent household—Dyana says that she went from middle class to low income, after her parents split. The difficulty of this transition and the years that followed left their mark on Dyana in her money beliefs and mindset
- Being forced to grow up while still a kid—Many children in a low-income family face this position at some point in their life. By 16, Dyana had her first job, because she needed to start supporting her household.
- Starting her debt-free journey out of necessity—Many “finance-minded” people start their journeys with a specific encounter: with a book, a personal finance content creator, etc. Dyana’s journey started when she realized she couldn’t afford being a mom, and never wanted to experience that again.
- Developing a workaholic mentality out of scarcity—Let’s be honest: a lot of women of color have the hustle mentality because we’ve seen our parents hustle out of necessity.
- Finding balance—Hear how Dyana tries to find balance between being a money boss, a mom, and a human being who likes to have fun.
This is as real as it gets. Dyana’s journey into financial literacy is one of resiliency, strength, and absolute poderosa energy. We are excited for you all to meet her.
Episode 72 is sponsored by my new digital course, The Ultimate Side Hustle Starter Kit!
After 8 years of teaching myself how to build online side hustles that earn income passively, my food blog earns over $60,000 a year, passively! Since then, I’ve grown my side hustles, and now have a network of 10 side hustles that earn over $100,000 a year! This is in addition to my 9-5 income. And guess what? YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!
So…are you ready for more in your life? Join now!
Loving this episode? Leave us a review if you’re listening on Apple podcasts & be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. Visit here. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.
This episode is powered by BetterHelp—Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month just for Yo Quiero Dinero listeners, just use the code “DINERO” at checkout!