Welcome to Season 3 of the Yo Quiero Dinero™ Podcast! This month, we’ll be helping you if you set any financial and investment goals you’ve made. Step 1? Pay off your debt. Listen to episode 66 and read on to learn how Cindy paid off 6 figures of debt in 4 years.
Cindy Zuniga-Sanchez is the founder of Zero-Based Budget Coaching LLC. After graduating law school in 2015 with $215,000 of debt, Cindy took control of her money by immersing herself in the world of personal finance. In 2018, she launched @zerobasedbudget on Instagram to document her debt payoff journey and simplify personal finance concepts.
After recognizing, through her platform, people’s unique needs and goals, Cindy founded her business where she offers personal finance coaching services and speaks to audiences small and large about budgeting, saving, investing, and more. Cindy practices law full time as a commercial litigator at Venable LLP. She is a graduate of Stony Brook University and obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
She was born, raised in, and currently resides in the Bronx, New York.
*Editor’s Note: Since the release of this episode, Cindy has quit her full time job as a lawyer and became a full-time entrepreneur! Congratulations, chingona!🎉
Episode 66 Highlights:
- Growing up low-income—At the time, we don’t always realize the extent of our family’s struggle while we’re young. Sometimes, it’s not until years later that we realize.
- Having an obligation to her family—This is especially true when you come from a low-income background. We witness our parents giving up so much and working their ass off for us What we do, in part, will always be for them.
- Money shame—The kind that comes when you realize you’ve made a big money mistake, but don’t even know how it was a mistake to begin with! Example: having a large loan, paying off the minimum each month, and then getting hit with a letter indicating you still owe much of the principal last year.
- Imposter syndrome in the workplace—Did you know Black and Latina women, combined, make up about 4% of all people in the field.
- The steps Cindy took to approach her debt repayment, including how she saved $40,000 in relief this year.
We are excited for you to take a listen! Thank you for choosing to start your year with Yo Quiero Dinero™ Podcast!
Loving this episode? Leave us a review if you’re listening on Apple podcasts & be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. Visit here. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.
This episode is powered by BetterHelp – Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month just for Yo Quiero Dinero listeners, just use the code “DINERO” at checkout!
Check out these Yo Quiero Dinero Partners to accelerate your investing goals!
SoFi Invest – Fund an Active Investing account with $1,000 or more, and you’ll get $50 in free stock!
Public – Investing meets social media. Start trading with any amount of money, commission-free and chat with other investors about their moves today!
Webull– Trade stocks, options, ETFs, all commission-free, $0 minimum deposit. Now open an account, get a free stock.
Roofstock – Earn passive income by purchasing rental homes with tenants.
Fundrise – Invest in REITs & earn passive real estate income! Have your advisory fees waived for 90 days.
Rocket Dollar – Rocket Dollar account holders have the power to invest in any asset class allowed by the IRS. Invest securely and easily in Real Estate, Startups, and more. Open a Self-Directed Solo 401(k) or Self-Directed IRA with Rocket Dollar and put your money to work.
New Street Advisors Group – a commission free, fee-only fiduciary Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). Their mission is to provide transparent financial planning, portfolio management and investment advisory services to their clients. Check out our episode with their lead advisor, Delano Saporu!
The Financially Lit Latina: The Ultimate Blueprint For Becoming Poderosa With Your Dinero