Episode 42 features Georgiy Roykhman, better known as Funancialism! This guys is one of our fave personal finance creators, and once you listen to our episode you’ll understand why! Georgiy is a behavioral analyst, social media content creator and educator, and YouTube influencer that believes financial health needs to be prioritized. Can we get an AMEN!?
Georgiy Roykhman, better known as Funancialism is a behavioral analyst, social media content creator and Youtube influencer that believes financial health needs to be prioritized. Georgiy is a refugee from the former Soviet Union. He learned his first lessons about investing while playing the trading card game Yu-Gi-Oh! He came to the realization that almost every inch of our institutions AVOID teaching about finances such as how terrible credit card debt is or how investing works.
Funancialism believe this is an unintentional design which perpetuates so much inequality in our society. Knowledge is half the battle, institutional change is needed – but can we really just wait around until the government changes to become more inclusive? It’s up to individuals to find communities (or even create communities) that teach about investing, money hacks, and how to get financially healthy.
In Episode 42, Funancialism and I are talking about things we don’t hear about too much in our larger investing and finance circles!
Episode 42 Highlights:
- The relationship between behavior and finance (SPOILER ALERT: Humans are crazy unpredictable and can make questionable money decisions)
- How our family histories and traumas impact our money mindset, and what it looks like to move away from these mindsets
- What it means to create generational wealth
- The structural systems that impacts BIPOC and low-income communities’ abilities to build wealth
- A radical idea of community investing that we believe can change the whole game
We’re super excited for the conversations this episode can start. Jot your thoughts below, share them on your IG story, or join our FB group and start a convo there!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?