In episode 32, we’re talking to Carmen Perez, a Personal Finance Content Creator and Founder of Make Real Cents, a personal finance platform dedicated to helping people achieve financial independence and avoid the mistakes she made early on.
In 2016, Carmen started a journey towards becoming debt free—she had terrible credit, no money saved, and was sued for her student loan. She has since completely transformed her finances and has paid off approximately $57,000 of debt in two and a half years. Carmen officially became debt free in Sep 2018 and in August of 2019, after saving up, Carmen quit her job in finance to learn how to code.
Carmen has been featured in Forbes, The Skimm, and is currently a member of Business Insider’s Money Council for 2020.
Episode 32 Highlights:
- Going into a job with a “doing it for the money” mentality
- Living paycheck to paycheck, even with a high income
- The details of her journey, from over-spending to becoming debt free
- The GRIT and headspace that pushed her through the 2 years, 9 months of being on the debt free journey
- The conversations we need to have with ourselves if we want to do a career pivot. (Hint: the internal work is often the hardest!! This was a conversation we were super excited about! You’ll understand why once you listen to her story.)
A big topic ties into something we’ve been talking about this week: WORTH.
Carmen believed in herself so much, she manifested the changes she needed to make. Ladies, it’s time we all believe in ourselves a little more. It’s time to manifest wealth.
Loving this episode? Leave us a review if you’re listening on Apple podcasts and be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. Visit here. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
Scholar Raise—Save for college the smart way. Sign up at www.scholarraise.com/dinero
The Financially Lit Latina: The Ultimate Blueprint For Becoming Poderosa With Your Dinero