In episode 30, we’re talking to Melissa Jean-Baptiste, the amazing woman behind Millennial In Debt, her social media channel where she shares her journey to pay off $102,000 in debt and money advice with her thousands of followers “battling debt one ramen noodle meal at a time!”
Melissa Jean-Baptiste is a 31 year old first generation Haitian American, an NYC public school teacher for the last ten years, and the co-founder/content creator of the Millennial In Debt brand. Melissa is the writer and director of the Millennial In Debt Web Series as well as the co-founder and content creator for Trials N’ Tresses LLC.
She has blended her love for writing and financial literacy into a satirical series highlighting the pitfalls of the millennial generation when it comes to love, relationships, employment, and student loans. Melissa’s astounding debt payoff story has been featured on Good Morning America.
Episode 30 Highlights:
- What being Black in America feels like right now, and how she’s contributing to the conversation about white allyship.
- How Melissa’s initial student loan debt ballooned from $60,000 to over $100,000 (YIKES!)
- The moment she realized that this debt was not going to let her live and how she tackled it.
- The struggle of feeling isolated while you’re on a debt free journey.
- How she’s promoting financial literacy to her students.
Listen to this episode to hear more about Melissa’s journey and how she bought a house one month after becoming debt free!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14-PAGE GUIDE COVERING ALL THE TOPICS YOU NEED TO START MAKING YOUR DINERO MOVES, JUST VISIT YOQUIERODINEROPODCAST.COM/START. FROM MONEY MINDSET, TO BUDGET BASICS, WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED.
Partners mentioned in this episode:
Scholar Raise—Open a 529 College Savings Plan in minutes and start saving for your child’s future college education.
BetterHelp—Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/yoquierodinero/support