Y’all, we are so excited! It’s the first time we’re hosting a caballero on the show! In this week’s episode (Episode 27), we’re talking to Carlos Hernandez, Founder and CEO of Crediverso, the nation’s first personal finance information website catering specifically to the US Latino community.
Carlos grew up in a Mexican-American family in Los Angeles. He is an accredited attorney in California and holds 3 degrees from Harvard🤯. He gave up a career on Wall Street to found Crediverso. Carlos is committed to helping the Latino community get more access to information about personal finance.
Episode 27 Highlights:
- His experience as a child going from the suburbs to the city in Los Angeles, and then transitioning from that to super homogenous Harvard.
- What made him walk away from a lucrative career on Wall Street to start Crediverso.
- The lack of financial mentors in the Latino community and some hypotheses about why this is the case.
- Why Latinos are the future of the US economy
- Imposter syndrome, and feeling out of place in your own community
- What’s in my wallet! Carlos does a deep dive into my credit card profiles to see what’s working and what’s not, and gives lots of useful tips for managing your credit.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?