Episode 255 talks about how to become a first gen millionaire, featuring Genesis Hinckley of Genuinely Genesis. Listen now!
Genesis has done it all! She’s navigated motherhood raising a confident and curious little boy, worked in the corporate world as a Business Analyst at Google, curated content on social media sharing Spanglish financial literacy for low income communities, invested in 2 short-term rental properties, and is now working on publishing her first novel.
On top of all of that, she actively seeks to heal her inner child wounds of growing up low income, understanding her identity as a Bolivian-American in the United States, and what it means to truly be a ‘secure’ person.
Genesis believes there’s a seed to be planted in all of us. But before that seed can flourish, it needs a stable foundation. She is actively providing valuable insights for her primarily Spanglish-speaking audience to help them build a solid financial foundation so they can live their American dreams.
Learn more about her by visiting genuinelygenesis.com
In this week’s conversation, we sat down with Genesis Hinckley. She shares her journey from growing up poor to becoming a successful real estate investor and content creator. She emphasizes the importance of education and taking action to improve one’s financial situation. Genesis provides insights into her real estate investing journey, including house hacking and managing rental properties remotely.
She also discusses the challenges and rewards of being a content creator and the impact it has had on her wealth-building journey. Genesis encourages others to prioritize growth and believes that everyone deserves to be wealthy. She shares her upcoming book project, which aims to empower low-income communities.
Episode 255 Takeaways:
- Education is key to improving your financial situation. Invest time in reading books and listening to podcasts that provide valuable knowledge.
- Real estate investing can be a lucrative way to build wealth. Consider house hacking and explore opportunities in the market.
- Being a content creator can be a fulfilling and financially rewarding endeavor. Consistency, authenticity, and finding your niche are important factors for success.
- Believe in yourself and your ability to create wealth. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who support and inspire you.
- Create the life you want now by incorporating elements of financial independence into your current lifestyle. Prioritize growth and take action to achieve your goals.
00:00- Introduction and Background
02:51- Education and Career Path
04:15- Starting to Invest
06:24- Venturing into Real Estate
07:45- Building an Opportunity Fund
09:30- House Hacking and Property Criteria
12:16- Challenges and Lessons in Real Estate Investing
13:42- Managing Rental Properties Remotely
16:03- Becoming a Content Creator
18:24- Evolution as a Creator
19:21- Monetizing Content Creation
22:36- Navigating Challenges as a Creator
24:58- Creating the Life You Want
28:14- Balancing a 9-to-5 Job and Content Creation
30:07- Taking Action and Prioritizing Growth
31:26- Actionable Advice for Improving Finances
33:31- The Vision of a Rich Life
34:26- Upcoming Book and Empowering Low-Income Communities
We want to thank Genesis for coming onto the show. We love the work she’s doing and how she is showing up for the community. When so many people choose not to show up because of various reasons, we need more voices, like hers, who are normalizing this idea that we deserve to be wealthy AF! We do not need to be POOR NO MORE! Thank you Genesis!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
Financially Lit! offers you culturally relevant and relatable personal finance advice that will allow you to finally feel seen, heard, and understood. Whether it’s the guilt you feel from being the first person to “make it” while members of your family are still struggling, or the way financial trauma manifests itself in negative and limiting beliefs around money, Jannese Torres is here to guide you through it all.
With the warmth and no-nonsense wisdom of someone who’s been there before, Financially Lit! will teach you how to:
- Set boundaries with your dinero
- Create and pass on generational wealth
- Diversify and increase your income
- Protect yourself from financial abuse
- Pursue financial independence
- Navigate the complicated relationship between amor and money
- Invest like a white dude—or better!
- And so much more!
With Financially Lit! at your side, you’ll harness the powerful ways money can be used to create the life of your dreams, and be empowered to step into financial freedom. Pre-order today @ financiallylitbook.com!
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.