Episode 253 features how to stop playin g small, ½ of The Dream Lab. We talk about how to stop playing small. Listen now!
Audrey Diaz is a Life & Confidence Coach with over 10 years of coaching experience helping Latina women build confidence in themselves by creating solid habits. Through her framework of developing daily disciplines for women to build out grounding techniques that nurture their mind, body, and soul, Audrey takes a holistic approach to ensure that her clients are thriving as a whole, and not just in the workplace.
Born of Dominican parents, Audrey understands first hand how daughters of immigrants are prone to struggle with indecision, setting boundaries, and finding their voice. The result is a client who is self-aware, self-confident, and able to trust herself and her vision for the future.
Life Coaching for Audrey was a result of her own evolution from years of marketing in the music industry to helping run her family’s three supermarkets, where she is still a partner today. She is also a mom of 3 boys and has recently picked up Salsa dancing on her free time, all of which keep her life full of joy.
In this week’s conversation, we sat down with Audrey Diaz, a life and confidence coach for first-generation Latino women. She shares her journey from working in the music industry to becoming a successful entrepreneur. We talk about the challenges faced by daughters of immigrants and the importance of self-discipline and self-care.
Episode 253 Takeaways:
- Daughters of immigrants often struggle with advocating for themselves and putting themselves first due to cultural expectations and guilt.
- Self-discipline and intentional daily habits are key to achieving success and personal growth.
- Fear should not be a barrier to making necessary life changes; self-awareness and self-trust are essential in navigating transitions.
- The Self-Made Mujer Conference provides a platform for first-generation women to share their success stories and inspire others.
- The Aligned with Audrey podcast explores the intersection of faith and personal development.
00:00- Introduction and Background
02:24 – Entering the Music Industry
05:37 – Realizing the Need for Change
06:57 – The Influence of Immigrant Parents
10:14 – The Importance of Self-Discipline
18:10 – Challenges Faced by Daughters of Immigrants
20:33 – Overcoming Wealth Guilt
22:22 – Developing Self-Discipline
23:45 – The Importance of Self-Care and Boundaries
28:30 – Navigating Fear and Making Life Changes
32:45 – The Self-Made Mujer Conference
35:40 – The Aligned with Audrey Podcast
We want to thank Audrey for coming onto the show and sharing her story with our audience. Thank you for the work that she’s doing in helping us show up unapologetically as our highest version of ourselves.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
Financially Lit! offers you culturally relevant and relatable personal finance advice that will allow you to finally feel seen, heard, and understood. Whether it’s the guilt you feel from being the first person to “make it” while members of your family are still struggling, or the way financial trauma manifests itself in negative and limiting beliefs around money, Jannese Torres is here to guide you through it all.
With the warmth and no-nonsense wisdom of someone who’s been there before, Financially Lit! will teach you how to:
- Set boundaries with your dinero
- Create and pass on generational wealth
- Diversify and increase your income
- Protect yourself from financial abuse
- Pursue financial independence
- Navigate the complicated relationship between amor and money
- Invest like a white dude—or better!
- And so much more!
With Financially Lit! at your side, you’ll harness the powerful ways money can be used to create the life of your dreams, and be empowered to step into financial freedom. Pre-order today @ financiallylitbook.com!
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.