Episode 251 features Vanessa Mota of My Dominican Kitchen®. We talk bout how to become a full-time blogger. Listen now!
Vanessa Mota is an award-winning food photographer and content creator. Her love for food led her to create My Dominican Kitchen®, a bilingual blog sharing traditional Dominican recipes and Latin-inspired meals for home cooks.
She was born in Santo Domingo, the capital city of the Dominican Republic, and grew up in a matriarchal household surrounded by amazing cooks. Her interest in food began as a child visiting the farmer’s market with her mom and watching her grandmother and aunts cook delicious traditional Dominican meals. But it wasn’t until adulthood that Vanessa learned how to cook, while pregnant with her first child living in New York City and missing her family’s home cooking.
She started her blog as a way to preserve her family’s recipes and share with the world the flavors of la comida criolla. She has been recognized as a top Food Photographer and Creator by Hispanicize, BlogHer, and Mom 2.0, and is a member of the 2021 fall class of Cafe Media’s Remarkable Voices.
Vanessa lives in Northern New Jersey with her two children and their dog Luna.
Episode 251 Highlights:
- How she earned her first dollar from her blog, My Dominican Kitchen®
- Building an engaged community
- How to pitch yourself to brands and secure sponsored posts
- Manifesting a cook-book deal
- Trusting yourself to make the leap into entrepreneurship
- The problem with building brands on social media
- Why you need to have a niche
- The importance of having your own website
- And more!
Our signature program, Jump-Start Your Blog Bootcamp is filled with endless resources (and lifetime access to them!) so you have everything you need to start your dream life today:
- How to choose a niche for your blog
- How to craft SEO-optimized blog posts
- Private online community with your newest business besties
- How to slay the content creation process
- and SO MUCH MORE!
When Jannese started blogging over 10 years ago, she never dreamt it would be the catalyst to becoming a millionaire—but it was! She’s crossed over $1MM as a creator and entrepreneur, and we want this for you, too! This could be your BIG opportunity to get the blueprint to changing your income and stepping into your dream life.
Save your spot today. Do it. Live your life with #NoRegrets. And start making that dinero💸 Ready? Of course you are…😘 Jump-Start Your Blog: Become a Blogger in Just 10 Weeks!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
Financially Lit! offers you culturally relevant and relatable personal finance advice that will allow you to finally feel seen, heard, and understood. Whether it’s the guilt you feel from being the first person to “make it” while members of your family are still struggling, or the way financial trauma manifests itself in negative and limiting beliefs around money, Jannese Torres is here to guide you through it all.
With the warmth and no-nonsense wisdom of someone who’s been there before, Financially Lit! will teach you how to:
- Set boundaries with your dinero
- Create and pass on generational wealth
- Diversify and increase your income
- Protect yourself from financial abuse
- Pursue financial independence
- Navigate the complicated relationship between amor and money
- Invest like a white dude—or better!
- And so much more!
With Financially Lit! at your side, you’ll harness the powerful ways money can be used to create the life of your dreams, and be empowered to step into financial freedom. Pre-order today @ financiallylitbook.com!
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.