Episode 238 talks about how to mind your money, featuring Yanely Espinal. Listen to episode 238 now wherever you stream podcasts!
Yanely Espinal is a Brooklyn-born ball of energy with an intimate knowledge of where financial education meets politics in America. Known as “MissBeHelpful” on Instagram and YouTube, she’s a passionate financial educator with a new book titled, “Mind Your Money: Insightful Stories and Strategies to Help You Reach Your #MoneyGoals.” Mind Your Money quickly became an Amazon Bestseller, selling thousands of copies to date. The book teaches personal finance concepts through personal stories, and advocates for financial literacy within the public school system.
In her role as Director of Educational Outreach at Next Gen Personal Finance and the Mission 2030 Fund, she successfully advocated for laws that require personal finance for high school graduation in many states including Florida, Michigan, Georgia, Rhode Island, Indiana and North Carolina. Yanely is a member of CNBC’s Financial Wellness Advisory Council and she hosts Financially Inclined from Marketplace, a video podcast for teens about money lessons for living life your own way!
Learn more about her work at mindyourmoneybook.com
Episode 238 Highlights:
- How and why she embarked on her own personal finance journey
- How to figure out your game plan to get your money in check
- How Suze Orman changed her outlook on money
- Her debut book, Mind Your Money, and the inspiration behind it
- The impactful work she’s doing with Next Gen Personal Finance
- When she personally got involved with investing and the biggest myth she had to debunk for herself
- The importance behind knowing thyself
- And much more!
Check out Yanely’s first episode on the show here.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
Watch episode 238 on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?