Welcome to the final episode of season 4! Episode 190 talks about how to stop dimming your light as a mom, featuring Susana Cardona of Colectva + The Mamish Community. Listen now!
As the proud daughter of resilient South American immigrants, Susana´s leadership training began from an early age by serving as the key translator, appointment-maker, and cultural interpreter for her family. Armed with her rich, first-gen experience, Susana became a skilled cultural interpreter and business strategist in the hospitality and spirits industries.
After nearly two decades of helping men build global brands, Susana decided to bet on herself. In 2016, she launched an online platform for Latina mothers called The Mamish Community and in 2022, she opened her own business consultancy called COLECTVA—aimed at empowering and amplifying Women-led businesses.
You can typically find her sipping a cafecíto, bike riding or dancing it out with her family, and plotting her next move to empower female change-makers.
Episode 190 Highlights:
- Working in the service & hospitality world— Susana shares a unique perspective of her story and what it was like to work in the wine & spirits business prior to becoming her own boss earlier this year and the lessons she learned from those experiences.
- Navigating in a male-dominated industry— The wine & spirits business can be very machismo and Susana talks about what is was like to work in settings where she was constantly surrounded by masculine energy and how she was able to maneuver through it to help grow her own personal skill sets.
- Becoming her own boss– Susana shares the journey of when she decided to walk away from her comfortable 6-figure salary career in order to pursue her own entrepreneurial goals. She got tired of building up other people’s dreams (and bank account) and forgetting about her own (relatable AF!). Listen to how she had to let go of that fear of losing security in her day job in order to embrace what could come to be. We love to see it!
- Being a mom shouldn’t dim your light— We loved this part of the conversation, especially for our mompreneur listeners of the show. Just because you’re a mom doesn’t mean you need to put yourself on the back burner! Take a listen to Susana’s viewpoint on this.
- It’s not always rainbows & butterflies— Listen y’all, we get it. Being a mom is f*cking hard! And there are some moments when we feel like it’s too much. Susana shares her honest opinions around the mom life experience and we absolutely love how open & honest she is. She might be saying it out loud, but we know you’re thinking it too!
- And much more!
Thank you to Susana for being a really important voice in this space. There is so much “mom content” out in these internet streets that is purely detached from reality and we’re so here for the real-deal messaging that Susana shares with women & moms. We love the fact that she’s giving mom’s permission to level up and not sacrifice themselves by putting themselves first. A perfect way to end season 4 of the Yo Quiero Dinero podcast. Gracias hermana!
Let us know in the comments below what was your biggest takeaway from episode 190!
Watch the full interview on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
Loving episode 190? Leave us a review if you’re listening on Apple podcasts and be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
click here to purchase
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. Visit here. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
BetterHelp– Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month!