Episode 19 features Sahirenys Ortega Pierce of The Poised Lifestyle
Sahirenys Ortega Pierce is a millennial Latina mom from San Diego with a background in financial planning. As a stay-at-home mother and entrepreneur, she is using her platform, The Poised Lifestyle, to help women handle their finances and lifestyle with poise. As a Dominican-American of immigrant parents, her family was heavily affected by the 2008 recession, which started Sahirenys on her path into a career in financial planning.
She graduated from California State University Northridge with a BS in Finance with an emphasis in financial planning. She worked at several financial service companies like Merrill Lynch, MetLife, and Ameriprise prior to starting her blog (thepoisedlifestyle.com). Sahirenys and her husband Freddie live in San Diego, CA with their two children, Raelyn and Lee.
Episode 19 Highlights:
- The backstory of her journey into personal finance
- How she paid off her debt
- Budgeting technique she created: High 5 Banking Method
- Advice for budgeting when lifestyle changes occur
- Managing health insurance as an entrepreneur
- Her tips on how to get control of your finances
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?