Episode 186 talks about how to become work optional before hitting your FIRE number, featuring Stefanie Gonzales of Women’s Wealth Effect. Listen now!
Stefanie Gonzales is a 38yo Mexican-American/Texan who is the voice behind Women’s Wealth Effect where she helps women build wealth. She has also partnered with her husband on YouTube at Permission to Be Wealthy. They are giving couples insight into real and honest conversations about money and building wealth.
After 15 years of in Tech, leading Sales and Global supply chain teams, being an expat in Singapore, paying off over $420k in debt, becoming a millionaire in 2021 and achieving partial FIRE in 2022, Stefanie left her 9-5 to build Women’s Wealth Effect full time while also moving her family of 4 from Singapore to Lisbon, Portugal.
Stefanie is a firm believer of women being able to change the world for the better…and women building wealth is a critical pillar in being able to do that. She shares her experience as a young Latina building her career, navigating money discussions with her partner, being a mom and building her family’s wealth in the hopes of inspiring other Latinas to build a life that will serve them.
Episode 186 Highlights:
- How she got started in the personal finance community—Stefanie takes us on the journey of how she came into the world of personal finance, the power of what financial independence can buy you and how important making an impact on the community was for her. Take a listen.
- The wake up call from corporate America—Listen as Stefanie realized after a series of events in the corporate world along with some major life changes when she realized there was more out there for her and wanted to become work optional. Setting boundaries is SO important, mi gente!
- Her money strategy to reach FI—Stefanie shares the journey of achieving financial freedom and what steps she took in order to get there. You won’t believe how much money her and her husband were saving & investing PER MONTH in 2021!🤯
- Investing strategy to build wealth—Listen as Stefanie talks about what steps she put in place to reach her financial independence number in order to become work optional. Take notes, y’all! So many gems💎
- The moment she decided it was time to walk away—Stefanie talks about the moment she knew it was time to end her corporate career to pursue other options and live the life she’s always dreamt of, as well as the reaction from her colleagues when she announced her departure from the company.
- And more!
Pursuing financial independence is changing in la comunidad and we are HERE👏🏼FOR👏🏼IT👏🏼! It’s no longer only for white men in Silicon Valley. Having empowering and inspirational voices like Stefanie allows you to see the bigger picture and know that you too can become work optional BEFORE hitting your FIRE number.
We want to send a huge thank you to Stefanie for paving the way for future generations to come by sharing her journey with the world. We love to see bad-ass Latinas who are unapologetic AF about demanding more from what life has to offer. The more women that we have showing what is possible, the more transformational it is for others to witness. We cannot wait to see what the future holds for you, amiga! Gracias for coming on the show (and this was her very first podcast episode ever!)
Let us know in the comments below what was your biggest takeaway from episode 186!
Watch the full interview on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
Novo– Novo is a powerfully simple business banking platform with no hidden fees built for small business owners.
M1– Investing, borrowing, and cash management in one easy-to-use platform. Open a Roth IRA for FREE!