Episode 183 talks about how to launch a food product business, featuring Saskia Sorrosa of Fresh Bellies. Listen now!
Saskia Sorrosa is the founder of Fresh Bellies, a savory snack brand that is turning pantries everywhere into an explosion of flavors.
Fresh Bellies was the first-ever savory kid brand to launch with no hidden sugary goop to hide the veggies and helped kids learn to love savory foods like beets, mushrooms, peppers, cardamom and even garlic, instead of sweet. It has 8 or less ingredients and no preservatives, fillers or artificial flavors and with no or low sodium and its made with ancient grain and vegetables instead of cheesy coating.
The brand has raised over $4M, gone on Shark Tank, grown to 4,000 stores nationwide including Sprouts, Target, Whole Foods, Kroger, Meijer, Walmart, Wegman’s and many more.
Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, Sorrosa currently resides in New York with her husband, Fernando and daughters, Isabella and Alexa Luna.
Episode 183 Highlights:
- What life looked life growing up—Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, Saskia shares what her life looked like before leaving her country to pursue the American Dream and how her parents influenced her life in a profound way as she got older.
- Jumping head first into the entrepreneurial life—Saskia touches on the fears that came up for her when she decided to leave her safe and stable career at the NBA to pursue full-time entrepreneurship. Take a listen.
- Coming up with the idea for her company, Fresh Bellies—Listen to find out how Saskia created her wildly successful business that started off with just a thought with her kids in mind.
- Financial steps she took to become a FT entrepreneur—Saskia shares the steps she took in order to get her business started from the ground up and the sacrifices she made in the process.
- Pitching her business on ABC’s Shark Tank—Check out the time she was featured on Shark Tank in the early part of her business in 2019 and how surreal that experience was!
- Scaling her business—Saskia shares how she was able to scale her business and get her products into retail stores and the lessons she learned along the way. Sometimes, your first idea isn’t your best idea, y’all! Check it out now.
- And more!
Thank you to Saskia for coming onto the show to share her story and give us some insight on what it looks like to scale a business from the ground up. We know this conversation is going to be inspiring for many of our listeners because we don’t see enough representation of what it looks like to boot strap your business and take it places beyond your imagination. Thanks again for an awesome conversation, Saskia!
Drop a comment below and let us know what was your biggest takeaway from this episode!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
BetterHelp– Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month!
MailerLite– Create advanced email marketing campaigns with features like automation, landing pages and surveys. Get free access to premium features with a 14-day trial!
Quickbooks– Organize your business finances all-in-one place! Get 50% off your subscription for 3 months, plus a $50 Visa Gift Card!