Episode 180 talks about why you should stop listening to Dave Ramsey featuring Vee Weir of Vee Frugal Fox. Listen now!
Vee began her path to financial independence in 2016, when she realized she had to choose between medicine and food. In that moment, the course of her life changed, and she decided to learn everything she could about personal finance.
After being introduced to the debt free community on Instagram, Vee paid off $71k in five years. She fell in love with personal finance and opened her digital marketing firm, Weir Digital Marketing, which services other finance brands in the online space.
Vee has been featured in Business Insider, Forbes, MSN, CNBC, Reader’s Digest, and more.
Episode 180 Highlights:
- Why you need to stop listening to Dave Ramsey—In the beginning of her personal finance journey, Vee was a “Dave Ramsey purist”. There are many people that look to him as the “gateway drug” to personal finance. While she was a fan in the beginning, listen to what was the turning point for her that shifted her mindset as she evolved in her own personal finance journey.
- Her debt payoff journey—Listen to how Vee paid off $71k in five years!😳While that may sound amazing, Vee shares some learning lessons she realized reflecting back on that time in her life & why she would’ve done things differently. We love the vulnerability!
- What the world of personal finance needs more of—Vee shares her thoughts around what’s missing in the personal finance world and what needs to happen in order for things to shift.
- An entrepreneur AND a side hustler!?—One thing we love about Vee is the fact that she is a successful business owner and entrepreneur, but she still side hustles!🤯Listen to her entrepreneurial journey. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, y’all…one source of income isn’t enough!!!
- Mental health and finances—Vee is a huge advocate for speaking on mental health and money (we love to see it!). Listen to how her journey with her mental health has been impacted by her money and how she has reformed that relationship as time goes on.
- The dreaded D word…D I V O R C E💔—Vee is super open about divorce. This topic and how it impacts women isn’t spoken about enough in the personal finance world. Listen to some tips Vee shares to the woman who may be on the cusp of dealing with a divorce and what you should be doing to protect your money.
- And more!
We want to thank Vee for coming onto the podcast and serving up some REAL A$$ TALK! It’s such a breath of fresh air to have these types of conversations.
We hope this episode gives you permission to evolve. Vee shared first-hand how her entire mindset changed as she evolved on her own personal finance journey, and yours can too.
P.S. Please stop listening to Dave Ramsey!🙄
Watch the full interview on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
Ibotta — Download the free app to receive offers and earn real cash back in stores and online.
Credit Karma — Free credit scores, reports and insights. Get the info you need to take control of your credit.