Episode 173 is all about how to stop hating budgets, featuring Selma C. of B*tch, I’m Budgeting! Listen now!
Selma is the Founder & CEO of B*tch, I’m Budgeting! She is your self-proclaimed financial best friend, dishing out tips on how to become financially independent. Selma is big on budgeting as well as side hustling to increase your streams of income. She’s paid off $41,000 of debt in 2.5 years on a $40K salary, by leveraging different side hustles!
Selma has helped over 50 women start investing through fractional shares. There’s but so far below your means you can live, but when you learn to increase your income, budget and invest you can increase your chances of becoming financially independent!
Episode 173 Highlights:
- Learning about budgeting at a young age—Selma shares her money story growing up and how her foster mother taught her the in’s & out’s of maintaining your money. Y’all, you won’t believe how old Selma was when she owned a home!
- How she got started in side hustles—Selma is a teacher for special needs students by trade, which we know to be one of the most underpaid groups of people in the workforce. Listen to how she came across side hustling to grow her income & how she got started with earning $500 in one weekend!
- Her debt payoff strategy—Selma shares her journey on how she was able to pay off a large amount of debt, while earning $37,000/year before taxes…in New York City! Listen to find out how.
- Overcoming limiting beliefs—Selma shares tips on how to overcome times when we may feel guilt for celebrating the money we’ve made for ourselves and why we need to be okay with spending money on ourselves.
- How B*tch I’m Budgeting came to be—Listen to Selma as she shares her journey of how she built her brand from the ground up, B*tch, I’m Budgeting!
- And much more!
Many people associate money & budgeting with shame, fear, even guilt, but Selma gives us a fresh approach on all things dinero. We wanna thank her for being so real, authentic, vulnerable and honest during this podcast episode.
ANYone can pay off debt. ANYone can start a profitable side hustle. ANYone can get their financial sh*t together. Remember that it’s all up to you, mi gente! Take that first step and continue with intentional action every single day and you too can make your dreams come true. We hope this episode with Selma gives you the motivation you need in order to show up for yourself in your own money journey!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Watch the full interview on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
Cleo— A free budgeting app that serves as a sassy Siri for your finances.