Episode 172 talks about how to pursue semi-retirement, featuring Kassandra Dasent, Holistic Wealth Advocate. Listen now!
Kassandra Dasent is a holistic wealth advocate and a thought leader in the personal finance space, certified project manager (PMP/CSM), certified commercial credit analyst (GCC), and certified financial education instructor (CFEI).
She is also an accomplished singer-songwriter and has performed as a solo artist and as a vocalist in festivals from Mali to Montreux, as well as in galas, television shows and concerts, including with the world-renowned Cirque du Soleil. She has also co-written and collaborated on numerous tracks for other artists. Kassandra appeared as a singer in several feature films, the most recent being “I’m Not There”, a musical biopic of Bob Dylan.
Kassandra has been featured in numerous media outlets including Grammy.com, Forbes, US News & World Report, Business Insider, Fast Company, Travel Noire, Thrive Global, Yahoo! Finance and News, and Glamour. A twice immigrant, and fluent in French, Kassandra was born in Trinidad, West Indies, raised in Montreal, Qc, Canada, and currently lives in Florida.
Episode 172 Highlights:
- Overcoming money traumas from childhood into adulthood—As a double immigrant, Kassandra saw first hand the struggles of money (or lack thereof) growing up and talks about how that manifested into her adult life.
- Pursuing financial independence—Kassandra shares her light bulb moment after racking up over $50,000 worth of debt in her adult life and how she was able to get rid of it. Hint: There’s a lot of mindset work that goes into it!
- Steps to take in order to become semi-retired—Society tells us that we need to get a college degree, secure a stable job, get a paycheck every 2 weeks and (hopefully) retire by the age of 65. While that may be the route many people take, Kassandra ended up semi-retired in her mid 40’s!🤯 Listen to find out how!
- Following your passions—A multi-faceted being, Kassandra discusses her music career and how important it is to follow your passions in life, whatever they may be!
- The meaning of holistic wealth—Kassandra shares the 4 pillars of holistic wealth & what that means to her, how each of them correlate with one another and how important it is to nourish them!
- It’s never too late to pursue FI—Kassandra shares how we need to stop putting a timeline to certain milestones we achieve, especially around money! It’s never too late to get your financial ish together, hermana!
- Why women need to sustain financial independence—Whether you’re single, in a relationship or married, Kassandra discusses how important it is to be able to stand on your own two feet when it comes to financial independence. LET’S SECURE THE BAG, LADIES!💰
- And more!
We loved this episode with Kassandra. We hope you enjoyed listening to it and takeaway some key points during the conversation. Anyone can reach semi-retirement and after listening to Kassandra’s journey, we know it’ll give you the motivation you need in order to start your own journey to financial independence. Gracias for sharing your story with us, Kassandra!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Watch the full interview on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
Capitalize — The easiest way to roll over your old 401k. They’ll help you choose a new retirement account & handle the paperwork, for free!