Episode 167 is all about how to be a full-time content creator, featuring Giovanna Gonzalez of The First Gen Mentor. Listen now!
Giovanna Gonzalez is a first generation American and a first generation wealth builder. As part of The Great Resignation, she quit her corporate job in investment management to pursue her true passion—teaching financial education to young adults.
She teaches financial literacy and career readiness at universities and to employee resource groups, and on her TikTok account @TheFirstGenMentor where she’s built a community of over 198,000+. In October 2021, she was selected to be a part of TikTok’s inaugural TikTok Latinx Creatives. Most recently, she was selected to be a part of the first ever LinkedIn Creator Accelerator Program.
Episode 167 Highlights:
- From full-time investment banker to full-time entrepreneur—Becoming a full-time content creator was definitely not in the plans for Giovanna. Listen to her story on how her journey to entrepreneurship came to be.
- Blocking out the noise when following your dreams—Many times, especially as first-gen Latina’s, we hear chisme from friends and family when we do things “against the norm”, especially when it comes to our careers. Giovanna shares how she was able to block out the noise from outsiders and do something different that made her happy.
- How to start working with brands as a content creator–What started off as a passion project for Giovanna turned into something more, once she went viral on TikTok and was discovered by a brand. Listen to how this came to be! Leading with passion and intentionality is key, mi gente!
- How Giovanna was able to save a 14-month emergency fund—Giovanna set some major financial goals to be able to build up her savings. Listen to the steps she took and how that may work for you, too!
- Tips on how to make content creation a full-time gig—Giovanna drops some major gems on what you need to know in order to take your side hustle and turn it into your main hustle. Take notes, y’all!
- And more!
Can you really quit your 9-5 to become a full-time content creator? The answer is: HELL YES! Being a content creator is no longer only for celebrities like the Kardashians. In 2022, becoming a full-time content creator is both a legitimate (and profitable) business. But, it takes more than one viral post or hopping on to the latest TikTok dance trend. 🙄
Remember: becoming a full-time content creator isn’t something that will happen overnight. And it takes a lot more than going viral… But, like anything else in life, having a solid vision and plan under your belt, we promise you’ll be well on your way.
We want to thank Giovanna so much for coming onto our platform and sharing so many amazing tips for our audience. Gracias, amiga!
Let us know what your biggest takeaway from this episode was in the comments below!
Watch the full interview on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
Squarespace – The all-in-one platform to build a beautiful online presence. Free 14-day Trial. No Plugins Necessary.
BetterHelp– Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month!