Episode 166 is all about legal tips for business owners, featuring Pamela Rosario of Pamela Rosario Law. Listen now!
Pamela is a Dominican attorney raised in NYC with over a decade of legal experience. She currently specializes in Intellectual Property helping creatives and small business owners of color get the legal assistance they need to run successful and legally protected endeavors. With “knowledge is your ultimate superpower” as her mantra, she believes it is your duty to protect yourself, your coins and your business by arming yourself with all of the information you’ll need to intimately understand each aspect of your biz. She believes being a business owner, working for yourself, being the owner of your ideas(!) — these are revolutionary acts and our very own form of activism.
You can follow Pamela on Instagram.
- Why she decided to become an attorney
- Tapping into your authenticity as a business owner
- When is it time to start trademarking your new business?
- Tips on how to protect yourself as a business owner
- Legal differences between an LLC and sole proprietorship
- The importance of having a contract
- How to protect yourself as a content creator when hiring employees to work for you
- When should we start trademarking our business?
- Insurances to have as a business owner
- And much more!
We loved this episode with Pamela. It’s so important to have more people of color in these spaces to give the resources we need, especially as new entrepreneurs and business owners. Like Pamela said, you don’t know what you don’t know, so don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. We love to see bad ass mujeres like Pamela in these spaces. Gracias hermana for your expertise!
Resources discussed in this episode:
Avvo.com — Find top-rated lawyers near you today!
Watch the full interview on our YouTube channel! Subscribe here.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
Get our exclusive Yo Quiero Dinero® merchandise available now!