In episode 156, David Auten and John Schneider of Debt Free Guys discuss how money affects the Queer community. Tune in now!
With their writing and speaking for DebtFreeGuys.com, their microblog, DebtLasso.com, and their Queer Money® podcast, David Auten and John Schneider help queer people (and allies) live fabulously, not fabulously broke. As certified LGBTBEs, they represent the queer voice in both personal and business finances.
David and John’s work has appeared in Forbes, Yahoo Finance, CNBC, ABC News and Good Morning America to name a few. They’ve partnered with some of the best in financial services, including MassMutual, Prudential, Capital One and Chase, additionally with LGBTQ+ organizations like The Trevor Project, The William Way Foundation, One Colorado and numerous LGBTQ+ centers across the country.
Their goal is to connect LGBTQ+ people with the information and services they need so they and the queer community can do more and be more.
Episode 156 Highlights:
- Their journey of paying down $51,000 of credit card debt in under 3 years!
- The “WTF moment” when they realized changes needed to be made in their finances
- Ways to stay committed to your debt payoff journey
- Money challenges seen in the Queer community
- How to identify 5 building blocks you need in order to live your best life
- The correlation between money & mental health
- And more!
We absolutely loved this conversation and how informative it was, especially for marginalized communities. Thank you for what you are doing for the personal finance community, David & John!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Download our FREE 14-page guide covering all the topics you need to start making your dinero moves. From money mindset, to budget basics, we’ve got you covered.