In episode 149, the “Small Biz Lady” herself drops biz tips for beginners, featuring Melinda Emerson! Tune in now!
Melinda F. Emerson, aka “SmallBizLady”, is America’s #1 Small Business Expert. She is a media spokesperson, small business influencer, and internationally renowned keynote speaker on small business development, social selling, and content marketing. A prolific writer, Melinda has published more than 5000 articles on her blog. Her advice is widely read, reaching 3 million entrepreneurs each week. She is a small business educator at heart, and has an online school that teaches people how to start and grow successful small businesses and learn online marketing skills.
For more than 20 years, Melinda has been CEO of Quintessence Group. Her marketing consulting firm serves Fortune 500 brands that target the small business market. Her clients include VISA, American Express, FedEx, Verizon, Google, Chase, Microsoft, Pitney Bowes, and Xerox.
In addition to being a former New York Times columnist, she is frequently quoted by media organizations including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Forbes, Fortune, USA Today, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC News, Entrepreneur, Inc., Essence and Black Enterprise. In 2021, HubSpot named her one of the top business coaches in America. LinkedIn named her a Top Voice for Small Business and Entrepreneurship in 2019, and Forbes magazine named her the #1 woman for entrepreneurs to follow on Twitter.
Melinda is the bestselling author of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, Revised and Expanded (Simon and Schuster, Sept. 2021) and Fix Your Business, a 90 Day Plan to Get Back Your Life and Reduce Chaos in Your Business. She is also the creator and host of The Small Biz Chat Podcast.
Episode 149 Highlights:
- Her not-so-easy journey to entrepreneurship
- Recovering from the impact of COVID-19 for small business owners
- Utilize online resources for small business owners, such as the Verizon Small Business Digital Ready Program
- How to differentiate yourself in the market as a business owner
- Common mistakes people tend to make as new business owners
- How she has evolved as a business owner
- Key points to focus on when transitioning to full-time entrepreneurship
- The importance of having a work-life balance
- And more!
Watch the entire interview on our YouTube Channel!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?