In episode 146, Yo Quiero Dinero® creator and host Jannese Torres-Rodriguez replays an IG live featuring Jamie Silva of A Sassy Spoon as they discuss the secret sauce on how to make 6 figures with food blogging! Check it out now!
Jamie Silva is a Miami native, first-generation Cuban-American, and the founder, recipe developer, and food photographer behind A Sassy Spoon. She is also a food blogging coach where she teaches food bloggers how to grow + manage their blog so they can turn it into a full-time biz in less time.
Growing up, Jamie loved watching her mother make Cuban food from scratch for the whole family using her favorite measurement of choice – un poquito (translation: “a little bit”). As a result, she began developing her own recipes inspired by her rich, Cuban heritage.
Her food blog, A Sassy Spoon, is a smörgåsbord of classic Cuban recipes, Cuban-inspired dishes with a twist, and some Latin-inspired recipes influenced by her hometown of Miami, Florida.
Episode 146 Highlights:
- How Jamie got started in the food blogging world
- What life looked like for her prior to leaving her corporate job
- Her strategies to make money from her blog
- Advice on how to get started
- The importance of SEO (search engine optimization)
- Can any niche blog be profitable?
- Understanding key word research
- Social media and blogging
- You don’t need a professional website to start
- When should we start outsourcing?
- Do we need an LLC?
- How often do we need to post?
- And more!
Resources mentioned during this episode:
We hope this episode gives you the motivation and confidence you need to start your own blogging journey. Blogging isn’t a get rich quick scheme. You gotta be in it for the long haul. On average, it takes about 4-5 years before a blogger can really become profitable to the point where they can walk away from a 9-5! This is a long term game, but if we were able to do it, we KNOW you can do it too!
Are you ready to start your own blog? Enrollment for our blogging bootcamp is now open! Seats are limited and doors close on May 16.
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners: