Episode 142 is all about how to navigate the first-gen college experience, featuring Benjamin Perez of @PerezTheAdvisor!
Benjamín is the founder & host of the Latinx Greek Life podcast and the Find Your Purpose Instagram Series. He is a first-generation college graduate and now a first-generation professional, who was born & raised in the Salad Bowl, Salinas, Ca. Benjamín is the son of immigrants from México which he is very proud of. He’s been adopted by the Bay Area and currently serves students in their trajectory in college and career. Benjamín is passionate about empowering & advocating for his culture.
Episode 142 Highlights:
- His own personal college experience
- The pressure & guilt we as first-gen college graduates may face
- The financial and mental health struggles that came with going to college as a first-gen
- Common struggles with first-gen college students and how to work through them
- The power of community
- How social media can take a toll on us
- Working through the pressures of changing the narrative as a first-gen
- It’s okay to celebrate yourself
- The importance around taking care of your mental health
- And much more!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Want to start a blog? Join our 6-week blogging bootcamp waitlist! Next cohort starts May 2022!