Episode 136 features how Roshida Dowe, founder & creator of Shida’s On The Loose was able to retire before the age of 40 and move to Mexico to live her best life!
In 2019, she lost her job working as a consumer automotive finance lawyer in the California Bay Area. Instead of scrambling to find another job, she decided to take a year off to travel the world.
Six months in, she was the happiest she had ever been and decided she was done with the workforce, so she decided to retire instead. With $660,000 saved up in investments and equity, it was just what she needed to start her FIRE journey and the next chapter of her life in Mexico City.
Episode 136 Highlights:
- What life looked like for her before retiring
- Her journey to financial independence
- The turning point in her life when she left her life in the United States and relocated out of the country
- Knowing what your future plan is
- Making smart financial choices in the now
- You don’t need to deprive yourself to reach FI/RE
- Celebrating every milestone
- Stop adding burnout to the “burn-out pie”
- How to set yourself up for a career break and what conversations to have
- The logistical process of moving abroad
- Ignoring the haters that may come when you make drastic changes in your life
- Giving yourself permission to put yourself first
- Her biggest “AHA” moments since making her move
- And much more
We loved the conversation with Roshida. She brings that YOLO energy (in a responsible way) that we STAN for! She’s proof that you can 1000% live the life of your dreams. It’s all about shifting your mindset and taking action. You too can LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!!! Take the gems & tools dropped during this episode to build that life for you. Thank you Roshida!!! You’re a POWERHOUSE!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired & #staypoderosa ✨💎
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?