The premiere of season 4 of YQD™ features episode 121 with the one and only Tiffany Aliche of The Budgetnista! If you’re ready to learn how to get good with money, stick around for this AMAZING episode!
WELCOME TO SEASON 4 OF THE YO QUIERO DINERO™ PODCAST, Y’ALL!!! We cannot believe we’re already 4 seasons in! Thank you so much for rockin’ with us! To start off this season with a BANG, we sat down with the legendary queen of finance, Ms. Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche! Y’all, this is a literal fan-girl moment. Tiffany is a POWERHOUSE in the financial literacy community. This is an episode you definitely don’t want to miss!
Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche is America’s favorite personal financial educator! A New York Times Bestseller (Get Good with Money), an NAACP Image Award Nominee, and the first Black woman to grace the cover of Money Magazine solo, Tiffany is a trailblazer in the personal finance space. Her monumental ‘Live Richer Movement’ has helped over one million women worldwide save, manage, and pay off hundreds of millions of dollars.
A former teacher for ten years, with a Master’s degree in Education, Tiffany was instrumental in getting The Budgetnista Law (A1414) passed in January 2019, making financial education mandatory for all middle school students in the state of New Jersey.
Episode 121 Highlights:
- The relationship she had with money growing up—Y’all, the story Tiffany shares with us is WILD AF. Listen to the journey she went through when it came to the decisions she made with money growing up that affected her into adulthood. Talk about a come-back story!
- Shifting your mindset from one of scarcity to abundance—The amount of money Tiffany found herself in debt with was mind-blowing. An amount like that would make anyone feel like they’re drowning with no way out. Find out Tiffany was able to overcome the mental blocks that come with fixing the mistakes you made in your past and to make the moves needed in order to succeed in life. Take out your pen and paper, y’all! You definitely need to take notes on what she said! We sure did, too!
- Get yourself a ‘Linda’—Listen, Linda… we promise, once you listen to this episode, this is going to make so much more sense! Moral of the story when you’re going through it…Get you a Linda!
- Get Good With Money—It is such a common misconception, especially in the BIPOC community, that we think “getting good with money” means earning a lot of it…but then we have no idea WTF to do with it afterwards. We associate building wealth with this “diet culture” where we have to restrict ourselves of all the things we need and want in life. Y’all, we promise you that cutting out your go-to iced macchiato latte every morning or canceling your Netflix subscription ISN’T going to help you build wealth. Listen to how Tiffany makes budgeting sexy😏…Yes, you read it right!
- The importance of estate planning—Tiffany breaks this all the way down in a way that is super easy for ANYONE to understand. MUST LISTEN!!!
- Living Richer—Listen to how Tiffany explains what this means to her. We can relate so much!!
- And so much more!
This episode was so f*cking incredible! Tiffany, we are SO HONORED to have you opening the 4th season of YQD™! Thank you so much for your insight, your wisdom, your story-telling and your candidness. You are a cornerstone in our community. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!
Watch the full interview on our YouTube Channel below!
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
Check out these YQD™ Partners:
BetterHelp– Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month!
Squarespace – The all-in-one platform to build a beautiful online presence. Free 14-day Trial. No Plugins Necessary.