Episode 12 features Yanely Espinal of MissBeHelpful
Yanely Espinal was born to immigrant parents from the Dominican Republic in Brooklyn, NY. She attended Brown University for her undergraduate degree and went on to receive her masters degree during her corps commitment with Teach for America.
After two decades of school, she still can’t believe she never had a class about making smart money decisions!
Now, she’s on a mission to help the next generation learn personal finance in a fun and engaging way! Yanely combined her love for teaching with her passion for financial literacy, creating a unique YouTube channel, called MissBeHelpful, covering topics like credit cards and credit scores, budgeting, investing, student loans and retirement.
She is the Director of Educational Outreach at a non-profit called Next Gen Personal Finance, and she frequently facilitates financial literacy workshops and teacher trainings throughout the country.
Episode 12 Highlights:
- How to deal with what’s happening in the world with coronavirus
- Her back story to learning about personal finance
- The moment she realized she needed to change her habits in order to become debt free
- What strategies she used to tackle her debt
- The setbacks she dealt with along her journey
- Advice for starting your own journey to personal finance
Until next time, stay empowered, stay inspired and #staypoderosa ✨
WANT TO KICKSTART YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY?
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14-PAGE GUIDE COVERING ALL THE TOPICS YOU NEED TO START MAKING YOUR DINERO MOVES, JUST VISIT YOQUIERODINEROPODCAST.COM/START. FROM MONEY MINDSET, TO BUDGET BASICS, WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/yoquierodinero/support