Episode 47 is here and it’s going to help you slay your whole life! We’re joined by Elaine Gonzalez-Johnson, visionary, educator and entrepreneur. Elaine is best known for her role as the Founder and Executive Director of Latinas in Motion – a national organization created to encourage women of color to get active. Elaine inspires and empowers women across the world to exercise and adopt healthy habits. This self-proclaimed “Mogul Mami”, is an all-around inspiration—as much for her contagious energy as her willingness to break stereotypes.
In 2017, Elaine created a tool to help women dream out loud: “Plan, Pray, Slay- The Planner”. This is not an ordinary planner; this fully functional tool was created to help dreamers execute a plan for whole life success. Elaine has sold over 3,000 copies worldwide. Elaine is passionate about sharing her story with others. Elaine’s down-to-earth personality and frequent pop-culture references have established her as a sought after speaker. On November 29, 2018, Elaine was selected to share her mission statement at the (sold out) Michelle Obama “Becoming” event. It’s safe to say, this is only the beginning.
Most recently, Elaine launched the Mogul Mami Podcast (available on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, iHeartRadio, Spotify and Spreaker). She uses this platform to discuss all things faith, family and fitness. Within 9 short months, Elaine has reached 12,000 downloads on her channel. She continues to empower her community to lead with love and work on purpose.
Elaine has a Masters of Science in Higher Education from Drexel University and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies from Bloomsburg University. She is a Philadelphia native, currently residing in the city with her beloved husband Darryl, daughter Eva and son Ian.
In Episode 47, Elaine & I discuss:
- How growing up poor teaches us to be resilient and breeds hustler mentality.
- The messy parts of entrepreneurship—and what they teach us!
- Breaking our emotional attachment to money. Elaine says, “Money is a vehicle” and I cannot agree with that more!
- Listening and honoring the ideas that come to us and not waiting to be given permission to act on them
- How to master yourself, and tips for doing the self work required to be excellent in all aspects of your life.
- How to manifest a strong marriage, a fruitful relationship with your children and an abundant business by setting boundaries around non-negotiables.
This conversation will help you silence your inner critic and fuel you to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Talking to Elaine is a breath of fresh air—she keeps things real and does not hold back in reminding us when we are not doing the work necessary to achieve our dreams. Gracias Elaine!
As always, if you’re loving the podcast, don’t forget to share, rate, review and subscribe. Until next time, stay poderosa!