On Episode 40 of the Yo Quiero Dinero Podcast, we’ve got the one and only Jen Hemphill of the Her Dinero Matters podcast!
Jen Hemphill, a military spouse & proud bilingual Latina, helps the busy career-oriented woman become the reina (queen) of her money and love her dinero more. She is a Money Confidence Mentor, an AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor), author, speaker and host of the Her Dinero Matters podcast.
The Her Dinero Matters podcast is focused on the advancement of U.S. Latinas to minimize the gender wage gap while creating a healthy, confident conversation around money.
She has been featured in publications such as Forbes, Clark Howard, USAA, Oprah Magazine and award-winning podcasts like SoMoney and Stacking Benjamins.
You can find Jen on various social media platforms:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jenhemphilll
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/moneywithjen/
- Instagram (Personal): https://www.instagram.com/jenhemphill/
- Instagram (Podcast): https://www.instagram.com/herdineromatters/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenhemphill/
It was truly an honor to host Jen on the podcast. When I started my dinero journey a few years ago, Jen’s podcast was the only Latina-centered money podcast I could find. She is a trailblazer and a true inspiration. Gracias Jen for sharing your story!
In episode 40, Jen and I talk about:
- Having a bi-cultural money upbringing and the confusion it can bring
- How love and having a relationship can impact our financial journey
- The realities of budgeting and starting our dinero journeys (HINT: it’s just A LOT of trial and error)
- Exploring different career paths and seeing which ones fit and pivoting away from the ones that don’t
- A never before told lesson that Jen learned when she was trying to do it all
All of our guests are always transparent and real—Jen is no different, and I am so excited for you all to hear her dispel any ideas that this dinero journey is easy. It’s important to know that you don’t have to do it all, so be unapologetic about your priorities, and as always, stay poderosa!