Surprise, we’ve got another bonus episode for you! In episode 37, we have Valeria (Valery) Vargas from @thedaintydollar . Valery is a Latina, first-gen immigrant and a self-described “bookworm.” Her love of reading is what brought her to personal finance. After slaying $76,000+ of debt, she is now a money coach within her own LLC, all while maintaining a full-time 9-5 job!
Valeria (Valery) Vargas is a 28 year old Latina, a first generation immigrant, board game enthusiast, bookworm, and entrepreneur. She graduated from Rutgers University with her Bachelors in Psychology. She the owner and creator of The Dainty Dollar, a money coaching service that empowers women and millennials to pay off thousands in debt, organize their finances, and build wealth to fearlessly pursue their dreams.
Valery is a DACA (Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals) recipient, and shares her experience of being an immigrant in America while trying to manifest the American Dream. You can follow Valery on Instagram & Facebook and check out her blog and money coaching services at The Dainty Dollar.
I know a lot of women of color out here might be scared to launch their idea into a full-on biz, but Valery is proof that it can be done: you can have your 9-5 AND launch your side-hustle. Neither of us will tell you it’s easy though, but it’s totally worth the effort!
In episode 37, Valery and I talk about:
- DACA, Immigration fees and the impact they place on wealth-building journeys⠀
- Embarking on a debt payoff journey with your boo
- How to stay motivated on this months long journey that is paying off debt⠀
- Juggling a full-time job, side hustle, AND a relationship (hint: this is NOT easy and is definitely trial and error)⠀
- Some of the steps she took in growing her biz, including knowing when to outsource tasks⠀
If you’ve ever been intimidated by our long episodes, this is a great one to get all that you love about YQD, but in a condensed version. Gracias Valery for sharing your story!⠀