Y’all, I’m so excited! It’s the first time we’re hosting a caballero on the show! In this week’s episode (Episode 27), we’re talking to Carlos Hernandez, Founder and CEO of Crediverso, the nation’s first personal finance information website catering specifically to the US Latino community.
Carlos grew up in a Mexican-American family in Los Angeles. He is an accredited attorney in California and holds three degrees from Harvard. He gave up a career on Wall Street to found Crediverso. Carlos is committed to helping the Latino community get more access to information about personal finance.
In this episode, Carlos and I talk about:
- His experience as a child going from the suburbs to the city in Los Angeles, and then transitioning from that to super homogenous Harvard.
- What made him walk away from a lucrative career on Wall Street to start Crediverso.
- The lack of financial mentors in the Latino community and some hypotheses about why this is the case.
- Why Latinos are the future of the US economy
- Imposter syndrome, and feeling out of place in your own community
- What’s in my wallet! Carlos does a deep dive into my credit card profiles to see what’s working and what’s not, and gives lots of useful tips for managing your credit.
Loving this episode? Be sure to share it and please leave a review on your favorite podcast platform! Until next week, sending you lots of love. And as always, #staypodersa!