Episode 85 breaks down information you need to know before investing in individual stocks, crypto and forex.
Kiana Danial is an award-winning, internationally recognized personal investing and wealth management expert, and creator of the Invest Diva movement. She is the author of four books including Cryptocurrency Investing For Dummies and Invest Diva’s Guide to Making Money in Forex. In 2020, Kiana co-authored her fourth book, Million Dollar Moms: Mom Entrepreneurs Share Secrets of Building Businesses & Raising Highly Successful Kids. She is a frequent expert on many TV and radio stations and has reported on the financial markets directly from the floor of NYSE and NASDAQ. Kiana is a weekly investment expert guest on Tokyo’s #1 Investment TV Show. She has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, TIME Magazine, CNN, Forbes, The Street, – and numerous other publications. Find out more about Kiana at InvestDiva.com.
In Episode 85, Kiana talks about:
- Growing up in a home that considers money as taboo— in Kiana’s childhood, she was made to feel like she had to pick either an education or wealth. For many of us, we may have also come from homes where money was considered evil. Growing up with this belief, pursuing wealth might not be something top of mind for us.
- Forex— point-blank: Kiana thinks there are more efficient ways of investing. Based on her experience, those who actually profit long-term from forex are money managers.
- The difference between trading and investing— as a platform that wants to provide holistic education to our audience, we want to provide you with opinions from all over the spectrum. All of this to empower you to make the decisions that work for YOU. After several years of trying different strategies, Kiana now prefers long-term investing. She says:
Investing is not stressful. Trading can be.
- How she picks individual stocks— her number one tip? Turn off the news when picking stocks. It is so easy to be swayed by what’s trending and what others buy, but all this will do is cloud your judgment and risk making an investment decision an emotional one. Listen to the episode to hear Kiana’s 5-step signature investing strategy that she teaches all her students. Remember: picking individual stocks is something to build up to.
- Cryptocurrencies— this has been all the hype! Kiana breaks down some of the history and context of cryptocurrencies, including her favorite: bitcoin. We invited Kiana to talk about crypto because we trust her; listen to the episode to hear more about Kiana’s take on crypto.
We know these are two topics that have a lot of fear and skepticism around them— for good reason! We have all seen the spam accounts comment on IG about making thousands of dollars overnight using crypto or forex. Many people are taking advantage of the general lack of knowledge that exists on these topics. That’s why we wanted to invite a trusted educator to give you all the facts. We are excited for you to listen to this episode and get educated on something not many people understand.
Partners mentioned in this episode:
BetterHelp – Professional Support When You Need It, At The Fraction Of The Cost Of In-Person Therapy. Get 10% off your first month!
M1 Finance – Investing, borrowing, and cash management in one easy-to-use platform. Open a Roth IRA for FREE!